Wednesday, October 21, 2009

struggling 1

THINGS I AM STRUGGLING WITH

1. I am struggling with acceptance of difficult positions and beliefs of other people, struggling to rid myself of the intolerance I accuse other people of (see previous entry).

2. I am struggling with the geography of our lives. You and I are in two different cities, and sometimes I wish we didn't need to be.

3. I am struggling to let go of the stressful parts of this art thing -- remembering that I want to be MAKING ART, not MAKING MONEY. I am struggling with convincing myself that this is going to make the quality of my work much richer, and this in time will draw the attention I want, rather than fawning for attention at a time when I might not need it.

3a. Relatedly, I am struggling with this phase:



I am struggling with the quality of the art work itself, and feeling glum about it sometimes.

struggling 2

4. Specifically I am struggling with clarity and a certain image-conciseness that illustration must have in order to work. I am struggling with achieving this visual literacy while maintaining an aesthetic that I want to see. The ideas I have in my head are not necessarily images but rather feelings and inklings, and it's not until I begin to piece together the bones in the real world that the image reveals itself, and right now I am struggling with that process, with making it into a workable path.

4. I am struggling with the patience all of this requires.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://dichvubdsnet.blogspot.com/